Today we're excited to release PyWren version 0.2. This release contains a number of important bug fixes, as well as a new getting started script.
We'd like for PyWren to be as easy to use as possible, so we have put together a new getting started script for new users. Simply run
and follow the prompts!
See more in our getting started section
Notable bug fixes and improvements behind the scenes
- We reorganized the PyWren code internally to make it easier to understand and extend.
- We fixed a number of serialization bugs so that it's easier to use PyWren from IPython and with Numba
List of issues fixed
-  When creating the lambda we indiscriminately upload too much
-  Standardize configuration for executors
-  pywren not working for numba functions in 0.1 due to module serialization weirdness serialization
-  pywren not respecting non UTF-8 encoding (if coding is provided at top of file) serialization
-  Only *.py in modules are uploaded serialization
-  Handle exception pickling serialization
-  Capture exception traceback from remote
-  Turn on runtime sharding by default
-  Why do we use multiprocess instead of multiprocessing
-  Generic refactor / split wren.py / run pyflakes
-  Testing for pywrencli.py
-  Better synchronization of runtime information with local client serialization
-  Create S3 bucket if it doesn't exist
-  Add documentation on permissions
-  Fix directories so that the conda command-line utils have right path
-  Create interactive getting started script